How Long Do You Bake Chicken Leg Quarters?
Chicken quarters are easy to cook and sometimes you can find them on special offer at the grocery store. Whether you are buying fresh or frozen poultry it is worth learning the answer to “how long do you bake chicken leg quarters” and finding out how to give them maximum flavor.
There are two ways to flavor your leg quarters. One way would be to make a tasty marinade and let the poultry soak in there. Another way is to add flavor to the chicken leg quarters just before you cook them. Either way, you will need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F so the chicken cooks perfectly.
Preparing Your Chicken
You will need one bird in four quarters. If you are going to add flavor to it just before cooking, rather than using a marinade, you will need to wash the poultry and pat it dry with paper towels.
If you are not using a marinade, you can add flavor a different way. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken and then toss it with a mixture of lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, dried herbs, and garlic. Creole seasoning is also nice with baked chicken leg quarters.
The Cooking Time
You will need to bake the chicken for about ninety minutes, turning the pieces once about halfway through the cooking time. When you think the quarters are ready, you can check by piercing a thick part with a fork and seeing whether the juices run clear. If so, the quarters are ready to eat.
Leave a Reply
- Red Chili and Basil Marinade July 24, 2014
- Zesty Sweet Lemongrass Marinade July 23, 2014
- Gorgeous Greek Marinade for Octopus July 22, 2014
- Lemon and Garlic Marinade July 21, 2014
- Zesty Pinot Grigio Marinade July 20, 2014
- Mediterranean Fish Marinade with Fresh Herbs July 19, 2014
- Amazing Barbeque Marinade July 18, 2014
- Citrus and Beer Marinade July 17, 2014
- Rosemary and Thyme Sardine Marinade July 16, 2014
- Asian Double Sesame Marinade July 15, 2014
- Home (54303 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9214 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6557 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3796 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3483 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3348 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3242 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3098 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2714 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2418 Views)