How to Grill Chicken Legs the Right Way
There are different ways to grill chicken legs but you might like to marinate the chicken drumsticks before you begin, to infuse them with flavor. There is usually room to breathe when making chicken marinade recipes and that means the measurements can be approximate rather than exact with them.
Use a Ziploc bag to marinate the meat, or a glass or plastic container with a lid. You will need less marinade with a Ziploc bag though, since you will squeeze the air out and maximize the contact area between the marinade and the poultry. With a bowl or dish there is always more marinade under the poultry and less on top so you will have to stir it often. A Ziploc bag eliminates this problem.
Tips for Crispy Chicken Skin
After marinating your chicken legs for a few hours, put them on a preheated grill using a pair of tongs, and cook them covered over a moderate heat. Flip and rotate them and move them to a cooler area if the outside is scorching too much. Keep the lid on the grill but check the chicken legs every few minutes. The answer to ‘how long do you cook chicken legs on the grill’ is not until they are burnt!
After about twenty minutes the legs will be done but check the internal temperature using a digital thermometer to be sure. The temperature needs to be 160 degrees F. Check the temperature in the thickest part of the leg, next to but not touching the bone. The cooked chicken legs will be firm to the touch, as well as crispy and lightly browned.
Leave a Reply
- Red Chili and Basil Marinade July 24, 2014
- Zesty Sweet Lemongrass Marinade July 23, 2014
- Gorgeous Greek Marinade for Octopus July 22, 2014
- Lemon and Garlic Marinade July 21, 2014
- Zesty Pinot Grigio Marinade July 20, 2014
- Mediterranean Fish Marinade with Fresh Herbs July 19, 2014
- Amazing Barbeque Marinade July 18, 2014
- Citrus and Beer Marinade July 17, 2014
- Rosemary and Thyme Sardine Marinade July 16, 2014
- Asian Double Sesame Marinade July 15, 2014
- Home (54363 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9216 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6580 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3799 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3499 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3350 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3257 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3101 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2716 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2424 Views)