How Do You Fix Cube Steak?
Cube steak comes from the top or bottom round of the cow, which is the hip area. This is a tough cut of meat and it must be tenderized before you cook it. You can do this by pounding it with a wooden or metal meat mallet or by using an electric tenderizer. You can also get tenderizers specially designed for cube steaks but it probably is not worth getting one unless you eat a lot of steak.
Many professional chefs claim that conventional mallets mash the meat too much, which is why they use these machines. You can also tenderize minute steak using a special set of sharp, pointy rods, which you stick into the meat in every direction. Tenderized minute steak has a similar consistency to hamburger. It is tasty and does not cost much. Cube steak is the most common cut of meat used to make chicken fried steak.
Cube steak is called minute steak in some parts of the United States because it is possible to slice it thinly and cook it fast. Other people claim that minute steak is cut from round or sirloin (cube steak can be cut from chuck or round) and thinner than cube steak and therefore does not require tenderizing.
How to Cook Cube Steak in a Pan
There are different cooking methods for minute steak and, since this is a naturally tough piece of meat, slow moist cooking methods are best. Rub some salt, pepper and garlic powder over six cube steaks and fry them two at a time in oil. Put them all in a pan and cover them with a couple of sliced onions, half a cup of ketchup, a can of soup and half a can of water.
You can use beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, celery soup, cheese soup or anything else you fancy. The important thing is to add moisture as well as flavor. Stir the mixture well and simmer the minute steak. If you want to know how long to cook minute steak, in this recipe it will need about forty minutes.
How to Make Stuffed Cube Steak
Fry four cube steaks on one side, then put some bread dressing on the raw sides, folding the steaks over crosswise. Use a toothpick to secure each one. Add two thickly sliced onions to a pot and put the meat on top. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, then cover the pot and simmer the cube steak recipe for about an hour and a half over a low heat, shaking the pan from side to side occasionally so the contents do not stick.
If you want to make a one-pot dinner with your steak, you can add some potatoes and carrots during the final forty-five minutes of the cooking time. As you can imagine, your kitchen will smell amazing while this cooks.
Easy Pan-Fried Cube Steak and Gravy
To make this classic dish, warm a skillet over a moderate heat. Pour quarter of a cup of flour over some wax paper on the counter and roll a minute steak in it. Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to the skillet and tilt it so the whole surface is coated. Add the meat and season with salt and pepper. Fry until it is browned all over, then take it out of the pan and set it on one side.
Add a cup of water, half a cup of milk and quarter of a cup of flour to the skillet and turn the heat down to low. Stir the mixture until it’s thick, then put the meat back in the pan and mix well. Cover and cook for five to ten minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli, or any side dish you fancy.
Leave a Reply
- Spiced Lemon and Garlic Mussel Marinade July 28, 2014
- Soy Sauce and Thyme Marinade July 27, 2014
- Red Chili and Basil Marinade July 24, 2014
- Zesty Sweet Lemongrass Marinade July 23, 2014
- Gorgeous Greek Marinade for Octopus July 22, 2014
- Lemon and Garlic Marinade July 21, 2014
- Zesty Pinot Grigio Marinade July 20, 2014
- Mediterranean Fish Marinade with Fresh Herbs July 19, 2014
- Amazing Barbeque Marinade July 18, 2014
- Citrus and Beer Marinade July 17, 2014
- Home (54579 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9234 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6600 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3829 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3526 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3525 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3291 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3133 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2730 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2449 Views)