How to Cook a New York Strip Steak for Maximum Juiciness
If you want to learn how to cook New York strip steak, there are several methods you can use. Grilling is a great cooking method for many different types of steak. You can also broil it, pan fry it or bake it in the oven.
Your meat should be at room temperature before you start cooking it and if it is wet you should pat it try with wet towels before using a marinade. Choose a good quality New York strip such as USDA Prime New York strip, which is at least an inch and a half thick because anything thinner will dry out.
How to Cook a New York Strip Steak in the Oven
New York strip is a tender cut of meat so if you are going to marinate it before cooking, you will only need to marinate it for an hour or two. If you are not using a marinade recipe, you can simply brush some oil over your beef to keep it moist while cooking.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and cook the meat until they are done. Rare will take about eighteen minutes, medium will take twenty minutes and well done will take about twenty-three minutes. You do not need to turn the meat if you are baking them because they will cook through.
How to Broil a New York Strip
If you are experimenting with marinades, you might like to try broiling it. Many different marinade recipes compliment the naturally great flavor of strip steak but do not use salt in your marinade recipe because it can dry the meat out while it is cooking.
Leave the oven door ajar so it does not overheat when you are broiling. 375 degrees F is a good temperature for broiling and you can use a vented pan for this. Cook the beef for four minutes on each side for medium doneness or less if you prefer your New York strip pink or red in the center. Remember that it keeps cooking for a little bit when you take them out of the oven or broiler so don’t overdo them in there.
How to Grill a New York Strip
The first thing to do is to trim any fat off the meat with a sharp knife. Preheat the grill at least fifteen minutes before cooking to 500 or 600 degrees F. This high temperature will sear the outside of the meat and keep it juicy. Either marinate your New York strip with your best marinade recipe or rub some olive oil into it. Grill for five minutes on one side and then flip it over. When both sides are seared, move your cut of meat to a cooler part of the grill to finish off. You can make a quarter turn halfway through the cooking time to get lovely looking grill marks on the outside of the meat.
How to Grill New York Strip Steak in a Stove Top Grill Pan
Preheat a cast iron grill pan with a ribbed base to medium high for fifteen minutes. Cook your beef, flipping it once, until it is done to your liking. If you are using a cut which is thicker than an inch you might want to bake it at 400 degrees F instead for four or five minutes. Leave the finished meat to rest for five minutes to let the juices redistribute. If you cut into the meat, immediately the juices will run out and the meat will be dry.
Leave a Reply
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Sauce November 7, 2014
- Gorgeous Gravy to Serve with Beef Tips November 5, 2014
- Tantalizing Turkey Gravy November 2, 2014
- Traditional Giblet Gravy Recipe November 1, 2014
- Sensational Sloppy Joes Sauce October 26, 2014
- Cayenne and Garlic Fried Chicken Marinade October 22, 2014
- Beer and Lemon Marinade for Chicken October 21, 2014
- Tender Crockpot Beef with Stroganoff Sauce October 20, 2014
- Garlic and Lime Chicken Fajita Marinade October 7, 2014
- How to Make and Use a Dry Marinade October 3, 2014
- Home (56370 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9558 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6968 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4229 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (4079 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3766 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3646 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3551 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2989 Views)
- Flat Iron Steak Marinade (2844 Views)