This gourmet dish might sound difficult but there is nothing hard about cooking an herb-crusted rack of lamb. Actually, it is pretty straightforward and you just need to brown the lamb, stick an herb crust on it, and roast it in the oven while you make a gravy on the stove. Lamb gravies vary, of course, but this one is made with red wine, rosemary and redcurrant jelly, giving it a sweet yet rich flavor.
This gravy recipe is quite thin but it has a nice flavor and you can season it to round out the flavors at the end. The herb crust on the meat is mouthwatering and the combination of fresh herbs, mustard, anchovies, olives, and breadcrumbs coats the lamb in a lot of flavor and this, in turn, also tastes nice with the homemade gravy.
You can serve this juicy rack of lamb recipe with roast or mashed potatoes and perhaps one or two vegetables on the side as well. This would be a nice meal to make if you are expecting guests over and you want to impress them. It might be a good idea to try this recipe out on your family first but you will certainly find it easy to prepare.
You can use lamb or mutton for this tasty dish and you will find that the lamb gravy recipe has plenty of flavor, thanks to the use of vegetables, herbs, sour cream, and other ingredients. Leg of lamb makes a wonderful dinner for the family and while this is not the cheapest of meat you can buy, it is worth buying occasionally for a special treat, when you want to make something extra special. Lamb has a unique flavor and slow-cooked lamb is especially amazing.
Serve this braised leg of lamb recipe with mashed potatoes or fries. A couple of seasonal vegetables are also nice with it – perhaps green beans and carrots, corn on the cob or minted green peas.
There are quite a few ingredients in this recipe but you probably already have the herbs and spices. The lamb needs to marinate for twenty-four hours so make sure you start this dish the day before you want to cook it. This recipe for braise lamb is impressive enough to serve at a dinner party and because you can leave the lamb slowly cooking in the oven, you do not have to sweat over a hot stove while your guests are enjoying themselves in the other room. The gravy is quick and easy to prepare at the end of the lamb cooking time.
Lamb gravy recipes are very much in demand, probably because roast lamb is so popular. This mouthwatering dish is easy to make and whether you want to make a mint gravy for lamb or learn how to make gravy for lamb without mint, the following recipe is ideal because the mint is optional, so if you do not like it you can leave it out.
This gravy is made with garlic, red wine and lamb stock, as well as fresh vegetables. The onion, carrot, and celery are fried until they are brown and they are added to the gravy before being sieved out. This means the gravy takes on the flavor of the vegetables, giving it a sophisticated and mouthwatering flavor.
Making the roast lamb is very straightforward and the meat is cooked with salt, pepper, and rosemary. This keeps the flavor clean and simple and ensures the lamb gravy will suit the flavor of the meat itself. If you have never cooked roast lamb before or learnt how to make gravy for lamb, you will love this lamb gravy recipes because it is so simple. Serve the finished dish with some roast potatoes and vegetables. Continue reading
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80865 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10811 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9122 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6106 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5326 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5032 Views)