Aromatic and Delicious Chicken Fajita Marinade
You can make this recipe in the afternoon before you make your fajita dinner or you can make it in advance and freeze the chicken in the marinade. Then by the time it thaws out it is ready to cook. You will need other fajita ingredients if you are going to make fajitas, including tortillas, grated or shredded Mexican cheese, bell peppers, onions, and some condiments like sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Fajitas are a great dinner idea if you have some chicken and you want to make something exciting with it.
Marinating the chicken in a chicken fajita marinade gives it an authentic Mexican flavor which your dinner guests will love. Use fresh lime juice in this chicken fajita marinade for the best results. The combination of beer, lime juice, garlic and cumin really infuses a south of the border taste into the poultry, and the addition of sugar, Worcestershire sauce and cilantro boosts the Mexican taste even more.
The chicken will be extra flavorful and juicy if you marinate it before cooking, and this is the perfect marinade to choose if you want to make fajitas. You can also serve the chicken just as it is, or with Mexican or Spanish rice on the side, or you can chop it and use it to fill tacos.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 whole minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- Stir the lime juice, beer, garlic, brown sugar, cilantro, salt, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, and olive oil together.
- Mix well and pour into a big Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and marinate for 2 or 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken, discard the marinade, and proceed with your fajita recipe.
This photo gives you an idea of what the finished fajitas are going to look like, although you can be creative and choose your own fillings and accompaniments. In the picture you can see the crispy-topped, grilled, marinated chicken, as well as some shrimp in the background and also onions and tasty green bell pepper strips. Pile the chicken, veggies and some sour cream, salsa or guacamole on to a warmed tortilla, add grated cheese, and roll up to make your own fantastic fajitas. This Tex-Mex recipe is brilliant because people can assemble their own fajitas, making them just how they want.
Leave a Reply
- Chinese Shrimp in Dark Lobster Sauce Boston Style March 24, 2015
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Sauce November 7, 2014
- Gorgeous Gravy to Serve with Beef Tips November 5, 2014
- Tantalizing Turkey Gravy November 2, 2014
- Traditional Giblet Gravy Recipe November 1, 2014
- Sensational Sloppy Joes Sauce October 26, 2014
- Cayenne and Garlic Fried Chicken Marinade October 22, 2014
- Beer and Lemon Marinade for Chicken October 21, 2014
- Tender Crockpot Beef with Stroganoff Sauce October 20, 2014
- Garlic and Lime Chicken Fajita Marinade October 7, 2014
- Home (60561 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9727 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (7557 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (4585 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4456 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (4121 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3915 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3791 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (3241 Views)
- Flat Iron Steak Marinade (3109 Views)