Aromatic and Delicious Chicken Fajita Marinade
You can make this recipe in the afternoon before you make your fajita dinner or you can make it in advance and freeze the chicken in the marinade. Then by the time it thaws out it is ready to cook. You will need other fajita ingredients if you are going to make fajitas, including tortillas, grated or shredded Mexican cheese, bell peppers, onions, and some condiments like sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Fajitas are a great dinner idea if you have some chicken and you want to make something exciting with it.
Marinating the chicken in a chicken fajita marinade gives it an authentic Mexican flavor which your dinner guests will love. Use fresh lime juice in this chicken fajita marinade for the best results. The combination of beer, lime juice, garlic and cumin really infuses a south of the border taste into the poultry, and the addition of sugar, Worcestershire sauce and cilantro boosts the Mexican taste even more.
The chicken will be extra flavorful and juicy if you marinate it before cooking, and this is the perfect marinade to choose if you want to make fajitas. You can also serve the chicken just as it is, or with Mexican or Spanish rice on the side, or you can chop it and use it to fill tacos.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 whole minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- Stir the lime juice, beer, garlic, brown sugar, cilantro, salt, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, and olive oil together.
- Mix well and pour into a big Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and marinate for 2 or 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken, discard the marinade, and proceed with your fajita recipe.
This photo gives you an idea of what the finished fajitas are going to look like, although you can be creative and choose your own fillings and accompaniments. In the picture you can see the crispy-topped, grilled, marinated chicken, as well as some shrimp in the background and also onions and tasty green bell pepper strips. Pile the chicken, veggies and some sour cream, salsa or guacamole on to a warmed tortilla, add grated cheese, and roll up to make your own fantastic fajitas. This Tex-Mex recipe is brilliant because people can assemble their own fajitas, making them just how they want.
Leave a Reply
- Red Chili and Basil Marinade July 24, 2014
- Zesty Sweet Lemongrass Marinade July 23, 2014
- Gorgeous Greek Marinade for Octopus July 22, 2014
- Lemon and Garlic Marinade July 21, 2014
- Zesty Pinot Grigio Marinade July 20, 2014
- Mediterranean Fish Marinade with Fresh Herbs July 19, 2014
- Amazing Barbeque Marinade July 18, 2014
- Citrus and Beer Marinade July 17, 2014
- Rosemary and Thyme Sardine Marinade July 16, 2014
- Asian Double Sesame Marinade July 15, 2014
- Home (54306 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9214 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6557 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3796 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3485 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3348 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3246 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3100 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2714 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2420 Views)