Cajun Chicken Marinade with Garlic
This fantastic Cajun chicken marinade contains onion and garlic powders as well as Cajun seasoning and more. You should make this about an hour before you plan to cook the chicken, or longer in advance for a richer flavor. If you are looking for a spicy marinade for chicken breasts, this one is great. It is not too spicy but it does have a bit of a kick from the Cajun seasoning, so you get all the flavor without feeling like your mouth is on fire.
If you like, you can serve something cooling with the chicken. A sour cream or mayonnaise based sauce would work, since this would contrast with the spices on the poultry and cool your mouth down. Add some lemon or lime juice to the cream or mayonnaise to make a simple yet effective sauce. Minced garlic would also work instead of, or as well as, the citrus juice.
You can serve the resulting chicken with rice or fries, as well as your favorite vegetable. If you like Spanish rice or Mexican rice, that would also be a good serving idea because you can combine the rice and vegetables in one side dish. This Cajun chicken marinade is ideal for beginners in the kitchen because it is so simple to prepare.
- 4 whole boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Combine the vegetable oil with the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and Cajun seasoning to make a paste.
- Add more oil if the paste is not liquid enough.
- Rub the marinade paste all over the chicken and put them in a food storage bag.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Grill or broil the chicken for about 6 minutes per side; the exact cooking time depends how thick the chicken is.
- When the juices run clear, the chicken is done.
A grilled chicken breast which has been marinated in a beautiful-tasting marinade is not going to require a lot of side dishes or extra seasoning. In fact you might like to take inspiration from the picture and serve your perfectly grilled chicken breast with a fresh herb and tomato garnish. Serve some potatoes, bread or rice on the side and allow people to help themselves. A platter of salad or vegetables is also a good idea on the side. This Cajun chicken recipe has an incredible flavor so keeping the side dishes comparatively plain means all the attention is rightfully placed on the chicken.
Leave a Reply
- Thyme and Garlic Low Carb Steak Marinade September 16, 2014
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce September 13, 2014
- Rich Plum Sauce with Mustard and Ginger September 12, 2014
- Best Ever Strawberry Sauce September 11, 2014
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce for Steak September 10, 2014
- Aromatic Herb Chimichurri September 9, 2014
- North African Harissa September 8, 2014
- Ají Amarillo Sauce September 5, 2014
- Thai Tom Yum Sauce Paste September 4, 2014
- Mojo Rojo Sauce September 2, 2014
- Home (56089 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9435 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6805 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4042 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3940 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3667 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3452 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3430 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2889 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2626 Views)