The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades
There are a lot of different marinades to choose from, whether you are planning to grill your chicken breasts or drumsticks whole or whether you fancy making kabobs. You can either grill or broil these kabobs. If you want to broil them, keep them five inches from the heat and give them about fifteen minutes. You will find the directions for grilling the chicken in the recipe itself. Chargrilling gives the kabobs a smoky flavor which broiling cannot.
In the following recipe, the bird is marinated in a spiced mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice and more. This combination of ingredients gives it plenty of flavor and since the meat is chopped up before being added to the marinade, it will have a stronger flavor. If you use a whole chicken breast, only the outside gets the taste because it is in contact with the marinade. Marinating chopped chicken means more of the bird’s surface area is in contact with the liquid, therefore it will end up with a more intense flavor.
This is one of the best recipes if you want to make kabobs and you can serve them with fresh salad leaves and tomato, as well as a fruity salsa. Pineapple salsa is nice but since the kabobs contain pineapple chunks and the marinade contains pineapple juice, why not try a mango salsa recipe instead, for a better contrast? Use unripe green mango or ripe orange-colored mango, as you prefer.
- 6 whole chicken breast filets, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 whole onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 whole pineapple chunks
- Lettuce and tomato wedges, to serve
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tablespoons onion powder
- ⅛ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ whole red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 2 whole big mangoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 whole de-seeded, finely chopped jalapeno
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine the marinade ingredients and soak the chicken in it for 2 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Alternate the chicken with the onion and pineapple on skewers.
- Grill 8 inches from moderately hot coals for about 12 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Turn often, brushing with marinade.
- Do not apply any marinade during the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Toss the red onion, mangoes, jalapeno and lime juice together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the hot kabobs with the lettuce and tomato wedges, as well as the mango salsa.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
As you can see from the picture, this is a tasty-looking and very colorful kabob recipe. There are different marinade recipes you could choose from but something sweet yet piquant usually works well when you are grilling. Alternatively feel free to adapt your favorite rotisserie marinade to infuse the poultry with a different flavor. You can see how the mango salsa looks great served alongside the kabobs. This is a hearty and satisfying meal which the whole family will enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80866 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10968 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10814 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9124 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6788 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6453 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6109 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5034 Views)