Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro
This citrus chicken marinade recipe combines three kinds of citrus (lemon, lime and orange) with oil, bay leaves, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper. You can either grill or broil the finished chicken, and serve it with your choice of rice or potatoes. It would also be good with noodles or pasta. This tasty chicken would be nice with green beans, broccoli or another kind of vegetable served on the side.
Use fresh citrus juices for superior results, or good quality bottled ones if you cannot get fresh. Because citrus is one of the main flavors in this recipe, it pays to use good quality juices. Squeezing your own juices is the best way to obtain fresh juices, and you can also add the grated zest for extra citrus flavor in the marinade.
This citrus chicken marinade recipe contains bay leaves and cilantro for an herby touch which goes well with the main citrus flavor. This citrus chicken marinade recipe is also suitable for using on tuna, shrimp, or salmon, but bear in mind citrus “cooks” seafood so cut the marinating time down accordingly if you are using this for seafood. Fifteen minutes should be enough for fish.
- ½ cup lime juice
- 3 whole crushed bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 whole minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Add your chicken and leave it to marinade for an hour or two.
- Grill or broil it, brushing the marinade over the chicken a few times during cooking.
Citrus chicken makes a fantastic meal, especially when paired with your favorite side dishes. Grilling chicken is by far the best way to cook your marinated poultry, so fire up the grill and get ready to be seriously impressed when you cook this lemon, lime and orange chicken. This is one of those recipes you might try out of curiosity and then bookmark, because you will want to come back to it again and again. Citrus is lovely with chicken because of its mild flavor. It will bring out all that is great in the bird without masking the poultry’s own subtle taste.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80865 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10813 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9124 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6106 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5032 Views)