Yellow Marinade Chicken Recipe Found in Mexican Markets
There are lots of chicken marinade recipes featuring mustard and this one is really good. Mustard marinades can work with chicken, beef, or fish, and the following recipe is especially nice with chicken. Perhaps you are wondering how to make a yellow marinade chicken recipe found in Mexican markets and this one features the garlic and citrus popular in some south of the border chicken dishes.
Homemade marinades are always better than the ones you buy though, and you can alter them however you like. A bottled marinade contains chemicals and additives but a homemade one can be as pure and healthy as you want, and you can personalize your marinades, in order to give your poultry the best taste ever.
Mustard is often served on hot dogs but can be overlooked when it comes to making marinades and other tasty dishes. This condiment comes in different varieties, including yellow mustard, honey mustard, and Dijon mustard. Dijon mustard is dark brown and quite pungent. Yellow mustard is great with Southern-style grilled food. Stone-ground mustard contains bits of mustard seeds and you can combine it with beer to make a steak or pork chop marinade. Honey mustard is also very tasty. The following recipe calls for yellow mustard but you can use another variety if you want.
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 whole minced garlic clove
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, water, mustard, paprika, sugar, salt and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour this marinade over chicken pieces and marinate them in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Grill, bake, or broil the chicken until it is done.
This chicken leg has taken on some of the color of the marinade, giving it a mouthwatering golden appearance. This mustard marinade features lemon and garlic too, to give your chicken an incredible flavor. This has to be one of the most delicious marinades you can make so if you are browsing lots and unable to make a decision about which to make, try this one. The flavor is really good and you can use any kind of chicken – breasts, wings, legs, or even a whole chicken cut into pieces.
Leave a Reply
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Sauce November 7, 2014
- Gorgeous Gravy to Serve with Beef Tips November 5, 2014
- Tantalizing Turkey Gravy November 2, 2014
- Traditional Giblet Gravy Recipe November 1, 2014
- Sensational Sloppy Joes Sauce October 26, 2014
- Cayenne and Garlic Fried Chicken Marinade October 22, 2014
- Beer and Lemon Marinade for Chicken October 21, 2014
- Tender Crockpot Beef with Stroganoff Sauce October 20, 2014
- Garlic and Lime Chicken Fajita Marinade October 7, 2014
- How to Make and Use a Dry Marinade October 3, 2014
- Home (56370 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9560 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6969 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4232 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (4080 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3770 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3650 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3554 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2991 Views)
- Flat Iron Steak Marinade (2886 Views)