Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade
The best steak marinade you have ever tried might have only been made with four or five ingredients. If you use too many ingredients in your steak marinade recipes, you might find that the ingredients battle with each other and over-complicate the end flavor. This simple steak marinade combines sugar, soy sauce, oil, and pepper for a slightly smoky flavor with a touch of sweetness. As you can imagine, the resulting meat will be flavorful and tender, and you can serve the cooked steak whole or sliced.
The marinade has an oriental flavor, which you could increase by adding a splash (only a tiny bit) of sesame oil to the mix. Asian recipes are always good and using a soy sauce mixture to marinate your meat ensures it will be really tasty. You could even make a vegetarian stir-fry and toss in the cooked, marinated steak at the last minute or fry it quickly in the pan with the other ingredients.
This steak marinade only takes a few minutes to put together but the results are wonderful. Homemade steak marinades, even easy steak marinades like this one, always taste fresher than store bought steak marinades and your family is sure to love this tasty recipe.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Combine everything well and put the steaks in a container with a lid or in a Ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks and let them marinade for at least 3 hours.
- Cook on a hot grill until the steaks are just the way you like them.
Slice the finished, cooked steak against the grain and serve it over white rice, for a mouthwatering Asian-style meal. Sprinkle some green onions on top, serve additional soy sauce and other condiments on the side, and nobody will be able to resist this fantastic dish. Alternatively serve this steak whole with other delicious side dishes, perhaps Western ones like fries and coleslaw. Just because the steak offers an oriental hint of flavor does not mean you are restricted to serving it as part of an Asian meal. This steak is too versatile to be tied to one dish only.
Leave a Reply
- Delicious Béarnaise Sauce August 22, 2014
- Indulgent Gorgonzola Parmesan Sauce August 18, 2014
- Lazy Weekend Cheese Dipping Sauce August 18, 2014
- Multipurpose Cheese Sauce August 18, 2014
- Sangria Shrimp Marinade August 17, 2014
- Rosemary Calamari Marinade August 17, 2014
- Parsley and Mustard Mussel Marinade August 17, 2014
- Spicy Squid Marinade with Garlic August 17, 2014
- Tomatillo Marinade for Shellfish August 17, 2014
- Orange and Ginger Shrimp Marinade August 17, 2014
- Home (55936 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9325 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6699 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3944 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3791 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3596 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3368 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3295 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2825 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2531 Views)