Flat Iron Steak Marinade
A flat iron steak resembles an old fashioned metal clothes iron, which is how it got its name, and this steak comes from the blade of the shoulder. This steak tastes like rib-eye and it is as succulent as tenderloin. Flat iron steak is not expensive and a good flat iron steak marinade can elevate a plain piece of meat into something amazing.
If you have never bought this cut of meat before because you were unsure how to cook it, then buy some and make this special marinade. You will love the results. There are other recipes for flat iron steak of course, and you might even choose to use a different cut in this recipe, but that is up to you. Only you know what your palate craves.
The following recipe flavors your flat iron steak with sherry vinegar, fresh herbs, garlic and more and this flat iron steak marinade is really easy to prepare and use. Whether or not you have cooked this particular cut of beef before, you will love the results of this marinade because the meat will comes tender and amazingly flavored. It is very easy to get such great results and if you follow the recipe your steak will come out really juicy and flavorful.
- 2 lbs flat iron steak
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon cracked dried green peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- Mix the oil with the vinegar, pepper, herbs, and garlic and pour this marinade over the meat.
- Turn the steak to coat and let it marinade for between half an hour and two hours.
- Season the marinated steak with salt and grill it, basting it a few times with the marinade as it cooks.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing it, and then serve with grilled vegetables.
This flat iron steak is garnished with citrus zest and served with a selection of healthy salad vegetables. You can also see it has been cooked to medium rare, since a pink interior means a succulent, juicy finish, when it comes to steak. Flat iron steak is long and flat, so it is up to you whether to serve it cut into portions or whether to slice it (always against the grain!) and then serve it that way. This is a good choice if you want to make a flavorful dinner, since flat iron steak is so nutritious as well as tasty and everyone will enjoy such a meal.
Leave a Reply
- Chinese Shrimp in Dark Lobster Sauce Boston Style March 24, 2015
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Sauce November 7, 2014
- Gorgeous Gravy to Serve with Beef Tips November 5, 2014
- Tantalizing Turkey Gravy November 2, 2014
- Traditional Giblet Gravy Recipe November 1, 2014
- Sensational Sloppy Joes Sauce October 26, 2014
- Cayenne and Garlic Fried Chicken Marinade October 22, 2014
- Beer and Lemon Marinade for Chicken October 21, 2014
- Tender Crockpot Beef with Stroganoff Sauce October 20, 2014
- Garlic and Lime Chicken Fajita Marinade October 7, 2014
- Home (59346 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9702 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (7415 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (4439 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4427 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (4026 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3887 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3751 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (3213 Views)
- Flat Iron Steak Marinade (3075 Views)