Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak
Chuck steak is a rectangular cut, which is normally an inch thick. There is plenty of connective tissue in chuck steak, including collagen, meaning that you will need to marinate it for several hours to tenderize it. An herb and garlic marinade works beautifully with this cut of meat, and the following recipe combines thyme, mustard, parsley and more to impart plenty of delicious flavor. The vinegar helps to tenderize the steak.
This one works well if you leave the steak marinating overnight, turning it once or twice, and it is one of our simplest recipes because you just combine the meat and other ingredients together. Whichever side dishes you opt for when making this are sure to go very nicely indeed. The meat is going to have a full and delicious flavor, so choose a potato side dish and perhaps some salad too.
Something hot like corn on the cob or onion rings would also work, but the main thing is to choose your preferred side dishes because everyone has their own favorites. Treat yourself to this fantastic chuck steak for dinner and your stomach will love you for it. Once you realize how easy it is to add flavor to chuck steak by marinating it, you will want to repeat this recipe again and again.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ teaspoon crushed, dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Put a beef chuck shoulder steak in a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over it.
- Seal the bag then turn it a few times, until the beef chuck shoulder steak is well coated with the herb and garlic marinade.
- Let the steak marinade overnight or for at least 6 hours, turning the bag a few times.
- Discard the marinade and cook the steak.
This juicy steak is seasoned to perfection and coated in the flavorful marinade, before being grilled to just the way you like it. You can see in the photo how thick and succulent it looks. Chuck steak is an economical choice, which is why it is great if you have lots of people to dinner or if you are feeding a big family on a budget. Marinating the steak tenderizes it really well and makes it super-juicy too. Serve this with your favorite side dishes and the whole family will get an amazing meal and be totally satisfied with it.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80865 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10811 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9122 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6106 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5032 Views)