Lipton Onion Soup Flank Steak Marinade
Onion goes well with steaks, whether you are having a side order of crispy onion rings or some fried onion or whether you are using this ingredient as a flavoring in a steak marinade recipe. Flank steak is a good cut of meat as long as you are aware that it needs to be tenderized, marinated, or both. This tough cut of meat benefits from marinating and you will be rewarded for your efforts with a succulent, juicy and tender piece of steak for dinner.
This Lipton soup-based marinade combines the relies on the flavor of the soup mix and just has vinegar, oil, sugar and Worcestershire sauce to enhance the natural flavor of the meat and help to make it more tender before you cook it. You will find several recipes on the back of the Lipton soup box, for baking or slow cooking, but many people do not think about using it in a marinade, which is a pity because it works out so well.
If you like to make easy steak marinades you will find this Lipton recipe very simple to make and the ingredients easy to find too. Serve this with any side dishes you happen to like – maybe not onion rings though, else that could be onion overkill!
- 2 lb flank steak
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- Put the flank steak in a shallow dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning often.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
- Grill the steak over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes per side or until done, basting a few times with the reserved marinade.
In the picture the steak is served with corn and bell pepper, and this is one colorful serving idea. Team those ingredients with some sour cream, tortillas and guacamole, and you have the makings of an exciting south of the border dish. The steak will be succulent and falling-apart tender, and the vegetables will go well with it. Alternatively you can serve this with a big scoop of creamy mashed potato, for wonderful a comfort food meal. You will enjoy the onion flavor the Lipton soup mix adds to the recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Spiced Lemon and Garlic Mussel Marinade July 28, 2014
- Soy Sauce and Thyme Marinade July 27, 2014
- Red Chili and Basil Marinade July 24, 2014
- Zesty Sweet Lemongrass Marinade July 23, 2014
- Gorgeous Greek Marinade for Octopus July 22, 2014
- Lemon and Garlic Marinade July 21, 2014
- Zesty Pinot Grigio Marinade July 20, 2014
- Mediterranean Fish Marinade with Fresh Herbs July 19, 2014
- Amazing Barbeque Marinade July 18, 2014
- Citrus and Beer Marinade July 17, 2014
- Home (54579 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9234 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6600 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3829 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3525 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3525 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3291 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3133 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2730 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2447 Views)