Lipton Onion Soup Flank Steak Marinade
Onion goes well with steaks, whether you are having a side order of crispy onion rings or some fried onion or whether you are using this ingredient as a flavoring in a steak marinade recipe. Flank steak is a good cut of meat as long as you are aware that it needs to be tenderized, marinated, or both. This tough cut of meat benefits from marinating and you will be rewarded for your efforts with a succulent, juicy and tender piece of steak for dinner.
This Lipton soup-based marinade combines the relies on the flavor of the soup mix and just has vinegar, oil, sugar and Worcestershire sauce to enhance the natural flavor of the meat and help to make it more tender before you cook it. You will find several recipes on the back of the Lipton soup box, for baking or slow cooking, but many people do not think about using it in a marinade, which is a pity because it works out so well.
If you like to make easy steak marinades you will find this Lipton recipe very simple to make and the ingredients easy to find too. Serve this with any side dishes you happen to like – maybe not onion rings though, else that could be onion overkill!
- 2 lb flank steak
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- Put the flank steak in a shallow dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning often.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
- Grill the steak over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes per side or until done, basting a few times with the reserved marinade.
In the picture the steak is served with corn and bell pepper, and this is one colorful serving idea. Team those ingredients with some sour cream, tortillas and guacamole, and you have the makings of an exciting south of the border dish. The steak will be succulent and falling-apart tender, and the vegetables will go well with it. Alternatively you can serve this with a big scoop of creamy mashed potato, for wonderful a comfort food meal. You will enjoy the onion flavor the Lipton soup mix adds to the recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Chinese Shrimp in Dark Lobster Sauce Boston Style March 24, 2015
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Sauce November 7, 2014
- Gorgeous Gravy to Serve with Beef Tips November 5, 2014
- Tantalizing Turkey Gravy November 2, 2014
- Traditional Giblet Gravy Recipe November 1, 2014
- Sensational Sloppy Joes Sauce October 26, 2014
- Cayenne and Garlic Fried Chicken Marinade October 22, 2014
- Beer and Lemon Marinade for Chicken October 21, 2014
- Tender Crockpot Beef with Stroganoff Sauce October 20, 2014
- Garlic and Lime Chicken Fajita Marinade October 7, 2014
- Home (66622 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9937 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (8839 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (5256 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4694 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (4643 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (4190 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (4032 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (3560 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (3496 Views)