Lipton Onion Soup Flank Steak Marinade
Onion goes well with steaks, whether you are having a side order of crispy onion rings or some fried onion or whether you are using this ingredient as a flavoring in a steak marinade recipe. Flank steak is a good cut of meat as long as you are aware that it needs to be tenderized, marinated, or both. This tough cut of meat benefits from marinating and you will be rewarded for your efforts with a succulent, juicy and tender piece of steak for dinner.
This Lipton soup-based marinade combines the relies on the flavor of the soup mix and just has vinegar, oil, sugar and Worcestershire sauce to enhance the natural flavor of the meat and help to make it more tender before you cook it. You will find several recipes on the back of the Lipton soup box, for baking or slow cooking, but many people do not think about using it in a marinade, which is a pity because it works out so well.
If you like to make easy steak marinades you will find this Lipton recipe very simple to make and the ingredients easy to find too. Serve this with any side dishes you happen to like – maybe not onion rings though, else that could be onion overkill!
- 2 lb flank steak
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- Put the flank steak in a shallow dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning often.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
- Grill the steak over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes per side or until done, basting a few times with the reserved marinade.
In the picture the steak is served with corn and bell pepper, and this is one colorful serving idea. Team those ingredients with some sour cream, tortillas and guacamole, and you have the makings of an exciting south of the border dish. The steak will be succulent and falling-apart tender, and the vegetables will go well with it. Alternatively you can serve this with a big scoop of creamy mashed potato, for wonderful a comfort food meal. You will enjoy the onion flavor the Lipton soup mix adds to the recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Rich and Creamy Alfredo Sauce August 28, 2014
- Marie Rose Sauce for Crab Louis August 27, 2014
- Creamy Carbonara Sauce August 26, 2014
- Mignonette Condiment for Oysters August 25, 2014
- Classic 3-Ingredient White Sauce August 24, 2014
- French Bordelaise Sauce August 23, 2014
- Delicious Béarnaise Sauce August 22, 2014
- Indulgent Gorgonzola Parmesan Sauce August 18, 2014
- Lazy Weekend Cheese Dipping Sauce August 18, 2014
- Multipurpose Cheese Sauce August 18, 2014
- Home (56005 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9354 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6730 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3974 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3888 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3621 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3393 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3347 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2842 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2554 Views)