Sticky Molasses Marinade for Grilling Steak
This tasty marinade for grilling steak has a generous amount of molasses and brown sugar for a sweet finish and a sticky texture, which caramelizes, wonderfully on the grill. Oregano, garlic, onion, and lemon add flavor, as do the onion and ketchup, making this a rich and smoky-tasting marinade for rich and juicy steak.
Sweet, sticky marinades and grilling steak go hand in hand, since the flames will help to caramelize the coating on the meat and the smoky flavor goes well with the molasses marinade. The lemon juice tenderizes the steak well, as does leaving it to marinate in the refrigerator overnight, so you can use flank steak or another cut which is not so tender to start with.
If you are introducing your kids to the versatility of healthy, vitamin-rich steak recipes, you might want to try this sweet and sticky marinade because they will adore it. You can then try some other marinades on them, once they are accustomed to the new flavor and texture of marinated meat. This is sure to be a hit when you have your next barbecue. You can expect to see your neighbors peeking curiously over the fence too, since the wonderful aroma will make their mouths water!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 rings onion
- Combine everything in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour this marinade over your steak and leave it to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the marinade and grill it on a hot grill until done.
You can throw anything else you fancy on to the grill while you are cooking the meat. Corn on the cob grills well, and so do tomatoes. Or you could thread some veggies on to skewers and make vegetable kabobs to go alongside the steak. Anything dense like potatoes need to be parboiled first, else they take too long. The orange slices in the picture are unusual but their sharp flavor would work well with the sweetness of the steak, so perhaps you fancy trying this idea. This recipe results in a mouthwatering piece of steak which everyone will love.
Leave a Reply
- Indulgent Gorgonzola Parmesan Sauce August 18, 2014
- Lazy Weekend Cheese Dipping Sauce August 18, 2014
- Multipurpose Cheese Sauce August 18, 2014
- Sangria Shrimp Marinade August 17, 2014
- Rosemary Calamari Marinade August 17, 2014
- Parsley and Mustard Mussel Marinade August 17, 2014
- Spicy Squid Marinade with Garlic August 17, 2014
- Tomatillo Marinade for Shellfish August 17, 2014
- Orange and Ginger Shrimp Marinade August 17, 2014
- Mango and Ginger Butter Sauce August 17, 2014
- Home (55930 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9319 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6692 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (3940 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3789 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3594 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3364 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3285 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2820 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2526 Views)