Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Steak Marinade
This is one of the best steak marinade recipes because the bourbon adds a brilliant flavor to the meat. You can use two beef top round steaks, about an inch and a half thick, in this recipe instead of the flank steaks if you like. If so, you will need to broil or grill them for half an hour for a medium rare result.
The lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce make this bourbon steak marinade recipe extra meaty and juicy. The lemon juice also helps to tenderize the flank steaks or top round steaks and make them succulent. The hot sauce spices the mixture up, and the sweetness of the brown sugar and sharpness of the lemon counterbalance one another’s flavors, giving your marinade a harmonious taste.
These steaks go well with French fries or potatoes, or whichever side dish you like. When serving this, expect people to remark on the delicious flavor. They will not be able to the taste the bourbon but they will identify a special richness in the taste and probably beg you for the recipe. It is your choice whether or not you will write it down for them, of course.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup bourbon whisky
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 well trimmed flank steaks, 1 ½ lbs each
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix everything except the steaks in a 2-gallon Ziploc bag, add the steaks, and turn to coat.
- Seal the bag and press out the excess air.
- Put the bag in a shallow dish and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steaks over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare or until they are done as you like them.
- Alternatively, you can preheat the broiler and put the steaks on the broiling pan rack.
- Broil them close to the heat for 15 or 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Put the steaks on a warm platter; let them stand for 10 minutes then slice thinly to serve.
Since this steak is spiced up with the hot sauce, you might wish to copy the example in the photo and serve a cool, creamy sauce or dip on the side, just to balance out the spiciness. You can see that the steak and sauce are sprinkled with cilantro, and that suits the flavor of this dish, as well as providing a splash of vivid color. This juicy steak is really succulent and you will love its rich flavor. Making a special bourbon marinade brings out the very best in the meat and gives it a remarkable flavor and texture.
One Response to Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Steak Marinade
Leave a Reply
- Mandarin Marinade and the Best Steaks for Grilling September 30, 2014
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar September 22, 2014
- Orange and Ginger Marinated Sirloin September 21, 2014
- Thyme and Garlic Low Carb Steak Marinade September 16, 2014
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce September 13, 2014
- Rich Plum Sauce with Mustard and Ginger September 12, 2014
- Best Ever Strawberry Sauce September 11, 2014
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce for Steak September 10, 2014
- Aromatic Herb Chimichurri September 9, 2014
- North African Harissa September 8, 2014
- Home (56129 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (9459 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (6850 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (4067 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (3988 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (3695 Views)
- Deliciously Simple Steak Marinade (3476 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (3467 Views)
- Ginger and Pineapple Marinade for Chicken Wings (2912 Views)
- Steak Marinade with Beer and Garlic (2648 Views)