So Many Mouthwatering Marinades
Marinating is so easy, whether you are using meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, or a mixture of ingredients. A marinade is a liquid mixture added to your main ingredient or ingredients, so some of the flavors in the marinade penetrate into the meat, fish or whatever you are soaking in there.
Marinades range from mild to spicy, tangy and citrusy to robust with ingredients like red wine, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, or other intense flavors. Fresh ingredients like onion and garlic might feature, along with simple seasonings like salt and black pepper. There might be 2 ingredients in a marinade or more than 10.
Different Marinade Types
Just as there are marinades for every occasion whether you are looking for something festive, simple, spicy, unusual, or with a specific international flair, there are also marinades for different types of meat and fish. A robust marinade with red wine vinegar and garlic, for example, would work with a rich, meaty steak, but it would also be good with chicken or even some of the meatier kinds of fish. A Mexican marinade with lime, chili and cilantro could be used on any protein you want to cook as a taco or fajita filling, so take your pick from chicken, shrimp, steak, or even pork.
When you use a marinade with very few flavors, such as a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger, you will be able to taste all the flavors in the finished dish, while if you are using a 10-ingredient marinade, you will get the overall flavor as a ‘whole’ rather than each flavor individually. We have marinades for all seasons, occasions and meats, and hope you enjoy trying some of them out yourself.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80865 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10811 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9124 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6106 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5032 Views)