Marinade Recipes to Enhance Your Grilled Veggies
Vegetables can be marinated in the same way that you would marinate meat, poultry, or fish and they retain the marinade flavor really well. Whether you are using herbs, curry, mustard, soy sauce or something else in your marinade recipes, you can match the marinade to the vegetables you are going to use or match the flavor to the overall dish, if you are going to serve your grilled vegetables alongside a specific meat or fish for example.
An hour is usually long enough for vegetables to absorb the flavor of marinade recipes, so you do not have to worry about having to marinate the vegetables the day before your barbecue.
Adding an Exciting Flavor
The point of using a marinade is to add your chosen flavors to the vegetables, and this depends not only on which vegetables you are marinating but also what you are in the mood for, along with what you are serving the veggies with. If you are serving a spicy, strong-flavored meat or fish dish, you might wish to stick to citrus and herbs perhaps, to keep the veggies simple and ensure they do not clash with the flavor of the meat.
Some vegetables are marinated while raw, others are marinated after cooking, and some can be bottled in the marinade, or left in there until you want to serve them. Every recipe is different. When people think of marinades, chicken and steak usually come to mind way before vegetables. Even fish and seafood marinades tend to come to mind before the vegetables marinades, but if you have never tried marinating veggies you are missing out because you can add such an incredible flavor to them so easily.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80866 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10813 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9124 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6107 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5034 Views)