Every Sauce under the Sun
Sauces feature in every single cuisine and can complement any kind of meal whether you are serving meat, fish, poultry, seafood, or even something vegetarian. There are sauces for appetizers and desserts, sauces you can add to a sandwich or drizzle over a salad, and even fruity ones to serve over ice cream.
Our aim is to bring you every sauce we can find, and even a few brand new ones we have invented, tried and tested. There are classic sauces everyone has heard of, such as cheese sauce, tomato sauce for pasta, chocolate sauce, and thick, creamy mayonnaise sauces for salads.
Lesser Known Sauce Ideas
In addition to the sauces we all know and love, the ones we often purchase readymade rather than make ourselves, there are ones which are not known quite so well, ranging from the amazing peanut sauces used in African cuisine to the complex mole sauces famous in Mexico. Perhaps you have a tomato sauce recipe you like to serve on your pasta but we also have tomato sauces with herbs, with chilies, and with other ingredients – many variations on a theme if you wish. A sauce can be sweet, savory or a bit of both. It can be sour or bitter, to contrast with a sweet dish.
Sauces can be thick or runny. They can have 2 or 3 ingredients, or more than 10. A sauce can be served hot or cold. Some start off as a marinade and then, when the meat or fish is cooking, they are boiled in a pan to convert into a sauce. There are so many sauces, it is best just to dive right in and browse all the tasty sauce recipes we are happy to share with you.
Leave a Reply
- Simple Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe May 6, 2016
- Amazing Asian Plum Sauce April 26, 2016
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce April 24, 2016
- Dried Chanterelle and Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce April 14, 2016
- Sesame Teriyaki Chicken with Japanese Teriyaki Sauce March 31, 2016
- Zesty Orange Sauce – Orange Zest That Is March 30, 2016
- Amazing Thai Sweet Chili Sauce March 29, 2016
- Sausage and Caramelized Onions in Gravy with Mashed Potatoes March 29, 2016
- Button Mushroom and Onion in Cream Sauce March 29, 2016
- Traditional Greek Tzatziki Sauce March 26, 2016
- Home (80865 Views)
- The Best Sirloin Steak Marinades (10967 Views)
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe with Cilantro (10811 Views)
- Venison Steak Marinade Red Wine Vinegar (9124 Views)
- Authentic El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade (6827 Views)
- Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know (6786 Views)
- Best Steak Marinade with Meat Tenderizer (6452 Views)
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinades (6106 Views)
- Herb and Garlic Marinade for Chuck Steak (5328 Views)
- Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe (5032 Views)